Sevierville's Winterfest Kickoff
November 6, 2017 • 3:00 PM - 9:30 PM
Join us in a downtown Sevierville to celebrate the start of the holiday season!
Sevierville is all decked out in lights from November 6, 2017 through February 28, 2018 for the 28th Annual Smoky Mountain Winterfest Celebration. Viewing Smoky Mountain Winterfest lights with friends and family is a great way to get in the Christmas spirit – and with more than 15 million lights in a 25 mile stretch, there’s certainly plenty of looking to do!
There will be lots of stage acts for your entertainment this year. So be sure to grab a seat, sit back and enjoy all the live entertainment throughout the evening.
Some events happening throughout the night:
- Mascot Dance Off: There will be a mascot dance-off with lots of local Mascots in the area. Come enjoy this entertainment and see who can boogy down the best!
- Best Booth Contest: Who will win the best overall or best decorated booth this year? See who wins at the final hour! Will it be your favorite booth?
- Grande Finale and Fireworks Display: Join us as the Mayor "flips the switch" to turn on the 2017 Winterfest light of our City. Pyro Shows will present a spectacular fireworks display to round out the evening so be sure to watch for this exciting event and enjoy the most Wonderful Time of the Year with your friends and neighbors!
- Lumberjack: Come watch Michael Hattershide, the City's own Lumberjack! He will demonstrate a "wood carve" for your entertainment. Michael has been in the top 4 fast speed climbers in the world since 2012. In 2016 he took second place in both the 60ft and 90ft climbs, almost breaking the world record in the 90ft climb. Michael is an all-round excellent Lumberjack Champion and you will not want to miss his family fun show!
- Balloon Artists by Volunteer Balloons: Back by popular demand, come see Christine and let her make a unique balloon for you. See Ms. Tickle on stage for the Kids Show. Watch as she climbs into a Giant Balloon!
- Face Painting Artists by PartyWOWEntertainment
- Airbrush Tatoos Artists by PartyWOWEntertainment: Come have your face painted by PartyWOWEntertainment artists. These folks are creative painters and can provide you with some of the most unique faces around. New this year will be Airbrushed Tattoos. These artists are great and will give you a temporary tattoo of your choice. PartyWOWEntertainment face painting artists are amazing!
- Characters: Meet Belle and Elsa. Have your picture made with some beautiful princesses at this year's event. Belle and Elsa would love to have pictures made with you that you can share with your family and friends. Be sure to bring a camera or take a picture on your phone to share on social media. These beauties will be so much fun for your little ones.
- Children's Inflatables: Enjoy various inflatables spread throughout the event. You are sure to find one that you love.
- Santa Claus: Santa will arrive in the kids section around 4:30 pm. Meet him at his sleigh behind City Hall. Be sure to bring your camera for some awesome shots of Santa and your child! Play in the sandboxes or color on the chalk boards while you wait your turn to visit with Santa. Thank you to Vulcan Material for sponsoring in our kids section this year!
- Children's Giveaways: Free giveaways to children 15 and under. There will be lots of children's giveaways in the kids section behind City Hall. Visit the Vulcan tent and see gifts Santa has in store for you.
- Caricature Artists by Volunteer Balloons: Come meet Dennis and Amanda and let them draw you a silly portrait!
28th Annual Pigeon Forge Winterfest Kickoff
November 7, 2017
Draped in more than 5 million lights, Pigeon Forge creates a winter wonderland for locals and guests alike to enjoy during the city's annual Winterfest celebration. The lights of Winterfest shine from early November through the end of February.
Schedule of Events:
- Old Time games & vendors at 4:00 pm
- Stages entertainment at 6:00 pm (includes Pigeon Forge Community Chorus, Al Curtis Orchestra, & Pistol Creek Catch of the Day)
- Free Trolley Tour of Lights at 7:00 pm
From winter light displays to captivating holiday shows and so much more, here are just a few of the fun ways you can experience the delightful Winterfest Celebration. And the best way to take in the beauty and splendor of all the light displays throughout Pigeon Forge is on the Winterfest Trolley Tour, which begins at Patriot Park.
Whether this is your first time to visit Pigeon Forge, or you’re making a return trip, Winterfest is the perfect occasion to share special memories with family and friends.
Gatlinburg Chili Cookoff Winter & Magic Kickoff
November 8, 2017 • 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Offering mouth-watering recipes of homemade chili ranging from mild and delightful to wild and adventurous, the City of Gatlinburg hosts its annual Winter Magic Kickoff and Chili Cookoff on Wednesday, Nov. 8 from 5 to 8 p.m. in downtown.
City dignitaries will signify the start of Gatlinburg Winter Magic with a ceremonial lighting of more than 3 million lights throughout the city.
This year’s event features great musical acts throughout the night performing on multiple stages. Headline entertainer Tara Thompson will perform on the Bush’s Best Stage at traffic light number 6. The rising country music singer is a featured act in many of Nashville’s premier honky-tonks and has recently been the opening act in front of thousands for her cousin, the Queen of Country Music, Loretta Lynn. Thompson will go on at 6:15 p.m. on the Bush’s Best Stage at traffic light number 6. The Grassabillies will open at 5:15 p.m. The Greenbrier Band will perform 3 times throughout the night beginning at 5:00 p.m. on the south entrance of the Cookoff near The Historic Gatlinburg Inn. All Sauced Up Hot Chili Eating Contests are at 5:30 and 6:30 p.m. across from Reagan Terrace Mall, and Winter Magic Kickoff lighting starts at 6:00 p.m. on the Bush’s Best Stage.
Participants in the Chili Cookoff will be competing for the coveted People’s Choice Award, Best Booth Presentation, Best Apron. While the street event is free, tickets for chili sampling are $10. There is also a special edition t-shirt available for purchase.